Looking for a Partner who can Row

SurfCowboyXX

SurfCowboyXX

I am wanting to fish the West Branch on Sunday and am looking for someone to split some time on the oars. For a constellation of reasons, none of my regular fishing partners will be available to fish.

Although my boat is easy to row (Clacka Headhunter skiff), the water conditions are still probably such that a certain amount of skill/experience is going to be necessary. So, in short, I'm looking for someone who has a pretty good idea of what they're doing both rowing and fishing (I'm trying to catch some fish myself, here, so I don't want to be rowing and teaching the entire time).

No promises just yet. There is still a chance that I will either row solo or scratch it and head to Penn's instead. There is also a slight chance I might drift the Lehigh if the fish start looking up more between now and then.

If I do go, I will try to put in at Hale Eddy around 10am and come off the water either at Ball's Eddy or Shehawken either late afternoon or dusk (if the fishing is hot). We may want to use a shuttle, in which case we can split the fee.

PM me if interested.

You can launch a drift boat at hale eddy? Last year you couldn't...

Lots of boats go in there. Not alway pretty, but it is done regularly.

I stand corrected

^ make sure they are a strong rower :-o

Attachments

• WB.jpg
    WB.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
  • MS.jpg
    MS.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
What the---DAMMIT!! Looks like other alternatives, I guess.

what is the pay

what is the pay

They got some heavy rain. Runoff right now and the spilling in a few days is probably what we'll see.

Tom,
You heading up anytime soon. I'd like to checkout that boat you got. Wrangle up Weaver and join us in early May.

Moon,

We launched my hard boat there several times. It ain't pretty but it's doable. It's like watching 2 ugly people make out on a bus for 4 hours. Lol

Surf,
At these flows, I'd never accept anyone rowing my boat...especially a low profile one. One "oopsy" and it's under. We have a group headed up next Sunday or Monday and you're welcome to join in.

I'll be down there from 4/28 to 5/7. Hopefully lots of water to float. I wanted to put in at hale eddy last year but lacked the balls.

Kray- I was kind of hoping I'd pull someone like you, with some serious experience on oars. But at that level and with my boat, you're absolutely right. No room for error. I'll just have to do a land charter this weekend and try to get my driftboat fix next weekend. Unless I have something I'm unaware of going on, I'll definitely be game for next Sunday.

Hook-I'd say about $150. But bring cash--I don't accept checks.

Moon,
You're on the list ! I think you have my email or cell. Hook up with us next week. We have some good anglers and there's plenty of laughter. Good stuff.

Surf,
Next Sunday sounds good. I'll drop my boat at the Upper Delaware Inn (always Capra to me though). Have to run the dogs to the kennel, string rods and most importantly....ice the beer. PM me to swap cell #'s if your in.

Will do. I'll be with two other guys, both can fish well.

We can go one day tournament. Most inches landed on the boat. I get DaveS in my boat! Lol. He always has the biggest fish....every friggin time.

Sounds good, Kray. Maybe if Afish doesn't have to work he can ride in my boat and give me a fair chance against you and Dave S. If not, it might be Becker or Tilt. Certain amount of comedy is almost guaranteed.

Holy hell, I fish 15 days a year and you're talking about bringing pros! LOL. I'm a pushover but won't be intimated by your ringers and give it my best shot. Maybe I can get Turpin or Rinker as the 3rd in my boat. Lol

At the current flow of 5000 cfs I would use extreme caution if you plan to anchor and set-up on some rising fish. A low profile boat will sink in mere seconds if the stern gets pulled down from a short anchor line.

I put in twice at Hale Eddy but wouldn't do it anymore. That gully of a path to the river is really rough. I'd be afraid I'd get the trailer down there and not be able to get back out. The two times I put I we just backed the trailer down a few feet and let the boat slide off the bunks, and roller, on the trailer by carefully, and slowly, releasing the strap. Once we got to the end of the strap we just manhandled the boat to the water. Rough on the bottom of a fiber glass boat.

I'm out for Sunday. As it turns out, I do have a family obligation. But I am still free Saturday, which really is better anyway--I get to rest and watch the Formula One race on Sunday. Judging from reports, the Hendricksons might be perfect by then.

After next week I'm good for Wednesday's

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
I am wanting to fish the West Branch on Sunday and am looking for someone to split some time on the oars. For a constellation of reasons, none of my regular fishing partners will be available to fish.

Although my boat is easy to row (Clacka Headhunter skiff), the water conditions are still probably such that a certain amount of skill/experience is going to be necessary. So, in short, I'm looking for someone who has a pretty good idea of what they're doing both rowing and fishing (I'm trying to catch some fish myself, here, so I don't want to be rowing and teaching the entire time).

No promises just yet. There is still a chance that I will either row solo or scratch it and head to Penn's instead. There is also a slight chance I might drift the Lehigh if the fish start looking up more between now and then.

If I do go, I will try to put in at Hale Eddy around 10am and come off the water either at Ball's Eddy or Shehawken either late afternoon or dusk (if the fishing is hot). We may want to use a shuttle, in which case we can split the fee.

PM me if interested.

It sounds like a great adventure. Sorry I'm not up to speed on rowing.

Back