Looking at 3 wt - Cabelas 3 forks or Albright GP?

H

hockeyref

Looking to get a 3 wt.... Cabelas 3 Forks or an Alright GP.... both are 7'6" A-handle, 3 oz for ~$50. I can drive to a Cabelas and handle the 3 Forks if they have one in stock, but not the Albright... Doubt I would have the chance to cast both. My other rods are an Eagle Claw Black Eagle 8'6" 6-7wt (first rod) and a St Criox Reign 9" 6wt... FWIW - I Definitely prefer the St Croix over the Eagle Claw.

I own 3 of the 3-forks 3 weight rods. One is always in my truck and the other I gave as gifts to my sons. Very nice rods. Great action. If you dig around on the 'net you'll find several references to them as 'the best kept secret in fly fishing'. Casts sweet ( in my opinion ) and are fun little rods at a fantastic price.

A friend just bought one about a month ago and they did change the reel seat but not the blank - it's still a fantastic bargain and I encourage you to give it serious consideration.

Not sure of the warranty of the 3 forks, but Albright does have a limited warranty on it's rods. That is always worth consideration if all other things are equal. I plan on buying an Albright 3wt in the next week.

Back