Long Distance Release of 1st Wild Brown

T

TJacob44

Hey guys new to the form in a way. Have been stalking threads and topics for a few months now but finally decided to join the forum after hooking up with my first wild brown trout in Valley Forge. So I'm from the delco area and have spent most of my fly fishing career (2 years) at ridley and darby creek for stocked trout. Today though I decided was the day to finally head out to Valley Creek and see about these wild browns but more importantly expand my fishing locations. Spent a good 4/5 hours this morning stalking trout and trying to find the risers and what they were eating. Finally see a brown steadly rising and toss a dry fly at him. Bird caught my eye and next thing I know im hooked up on a decent brown. As im reeling him in I realize that I hadnt brought my net (laying ontop my car in the parking lot) and Im thinking this isnt going to end well haha. Hes probably 10 feet from me when out of no where this massive shadow starts chasing my fish around. I realise that its an even bigger brown, like 20+ inches!! So now im thinking no net, big fish chasing small fish. Somebodies getting a free dinner. Not 5 seconds into this chaos the line goes limp and both fish go their separate ways. So all in all it was a good morning. Hooked up on my first wild brown, safe long distance release and now a new place to explore. Hope I didnt ramble on too much but just wanted to say hello and share my story with you guys. Look forward to interacting with you guys in the near future!

Tight lines,
Ter

Welcome. And congrats on yer first wild brown

Great story, that's the kind of stuff that will keep you awake at night and get you up early in the morning!

Back