local rod builders

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

anyone know any reputable, local to philadelphia, rod builders. I have a blank i was gonna build myself, but just cant bring myself to do it.
I'm either gonna get it built, or sell the blank, not sure yet.

Any info appreciated.

I live in Scranton and could build it for you. Judging by your fly tying skills though I bet you'd do really well at putting it together yourself. You might actually enjoy it.

I do believe that Gfen has tried it before, and I am sure that there will be a couple of other experienced hands in attendance Saturday.

Ask around, you may change your mind.

I have a couple of older rods that I need to repair the guide wraps on, and am told if you can tie, you can handle rod building. I am going to be looking for tips on that this weekend too.

Look forward to seeing your work, Eunan!

Jack from jack's tackle is a master builder. He would do it for you. he is in douglassville..

Thanks guys. I've no doubt i can build it, but the notion has really worn off me lately. Maybe if i wait a while i'll get it back.
Who know.
I actually bought a white kabuto already built up in the summer, but i didnt like the finish the guy put on it. It just looked sloppy, so i sent it back. $600 was to much to just get something that i wasnt happy with. Thats when i got the brainwave to build it myself.

We'll see....

Hi Eunan - FrequentTyer (Mike Marino) is helping me run the tying jam on Saturday.

Mike builds rods, and does really nice work. If fussy is what you want, Mike is your man.

You met Mike at the Symposium - he's one of the guys staring at your ties in the picture I sent you.

Looks like a perfect opportunity to strike up a deal. ;-)

Mike Marino (FrequentTyer) built this rod for me. It's beautiful. He is very meticulous.

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/open-forums/gear-talk/christmas-in-january/3,23123.html

As Sandfly said, Jack Mickiewicz in Douglasville does excellent work, and also has a wealth of knowledge about tying materials, fly tying, and fly fishing in general.

I don't know what you're looking for but this guy's work is the best.

http://www.leidermanrods.com/

laurel ridge rods...i grew up fishing w. the kid. Name's Adam. Tell him Halupka sent you.

seriously though, check out how clean and even his wraps are... builds everything from spin~fly~centerpin and gets great deals on quality blanks

http://www.laurelridgerods.com/

Dead Drift Rod Company in Bucks County does pretty good work

Actually found him after i posted this. Sent him an email already

jrmyln wrote:
Dead Drift Rod Company in Bucks County does pretty good work

Eunan..I work with Bill from Dead Drift. His rods are beautiful. They do really nice work. I can put you in touch with him.

Ben Turpin in the poconos will build it for you.

any bamboo makers out there ?

i'd like a 7ft 2wt for brookies.

geebee, pm sent

I vote build it yourself you'll get more out of it when you use it if you do.

build it yourself! If you can tie flies, you can build a rod. Actually, I think it's easier to build a rod. I Just put the final coat on my first spin rod minutes ago.

Back