LJ riverbank clean up April 14th

nymphingmaniac

nymphingmaniac

Little Juniata River Association
9th Annual River Bank Clean-up

Saturday, April 14th, 9:00 am til noon

Free Hot lunch served afterwards courtesy of the Spruce Creek United Methodist Church

Meet at the Spruce Creek United Methodist Church parking lot.

We will clean-up river banks and parking areas from Bellwood to Barree

All bags and gloves furnished

Contacts:
Bill Anderson 814-684 5922, bjuniata@verizon.net

LJRA website : www.littlejuniata.org

I did this once and should try to do it again. Akid dragged me out. Met Dick Fogel and some other great guys. Got personal satisfaction, snacks and supplies, a pair of gloves and some great fishing afterwards. I hope I can make it, if not, best of luck again. You guys are a model for other local groups and communities that want to improve their natural resources and landowner relationships. Thanks from those of us who use the river.

I will be there.

Wish I could make it. Working through the weekend. Hopefully there is a good turnout.

I'll be heading up. Guess I might as well fish afterwards, since I'll be right there all all....

DaveS
sz 16 and 18 tan caddis have been hatching daily and the fish have been feeding on them heavily. They will start to come off between 12-1pm and last until 3pm. Perfect timing with the clean up. Pupae will take more fish than the dry.

I was going to come, but Turkey banned me from any water west of Penns untill this hockey series is over. Blame Turkey that I can't make it.

Shane, seriously. You can come to this side of the state. After all, we're all FFers at heart. Just remember to wear your Black and Gold Sporting Apparel, like any decent fan would and I'm sure you'll have no problems.

I will abide by Turkey's rules. Heck, it should only last a couple more days.

BTW, Dave I love your quote on the bottom of your posts.

Ha! Sorry Shane. That was just the stress talking. The stress of defeat. I checked with some of the higher-ups and apparently there is nothing in my contract that allows me to ban anyone, Flyers fan or otherwise, from any Commonwealth waters. I am however banning myself from posting anything immediately after a Penguin loss.

Ater I got done picking up trash I picked up some of these.

Attachments

• Sulpher_Brown.JPG
    Sulpher_Brown.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 4
wow, thats a pretty fish Dave.

Back