Live The Stream

NewSal

NewSal

I just stumbled across this film that is supposedly being produced, the premise being following around Joe Humphreys for a year, and showcasing him in all his glory.

The website says that the movie would be released in 2016, well 2016 is about over... and on the one "gofundme" type page for the movie, the last update was 10 months ago.

Does anyone have any info on this?

http://www.livethestreamfilm.com/about/#the-film

Maybe not enough people wentfundme so far to paytomakethefilm.

That sort of things happens sometimes...

RLeep2 wrote:
Maybe not enough people wentfundme so far to paytomakethefilm.

That sort of things happens sometimes...

HA, yeah...

Seems like it would have been awesome, anything with Hump has to be gold.

edit... obviously "anything with hump has to be gold" was what the producers were thinking, annnd it looks like maybe that didn't pan out... :roll:

I'm on their mailing list and just received an update a few weeks ago on 11/28. Here's part of it...

"Film Update: Our crew wrapped filming with Joe Humphreys in September of 2016 and we are currently in edit on Live The Stream thanks to the generous support of people like you who have donated to the film, shared LTS on social networks, and purchased items though the online store. Thank you all so much!!

Next Steps: With almost one year and a half of footage to go through, we are deep into Post Production, Legal, Licensing, etc to complete Live The Stream and expect to release Joe's beautiful film in 2017. Please continue to share and support our efforts at www.livethestreamfilm.com.

Please like and share us on Facebook, too: www.facebook.com/livethestreamfilm"

I stumbled across this interview the other day. It appears to be a bit old, but he does mention Live the Stream. I'd say the stories about George Harvey are worth the read

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the interview...

http://www.appoutdoors.com/blog/a-morning-chat-with-joe-humphreys/

Why would anyone want to help fund a film that someone else is going to sell for a profit for themselves? This is almost like using tax dollars to build NFL stadiums for billionaires.

Driving don

I couldn't agree more
I know of on author who wrote more than one book based on a one or two day fishing trip with a local who frequents the stream then sells the book using the "host's" knowledge of that stream. An "expert" emphasis mine.

In most business situations, it's usual to need a initial stake to jumpstart the project. Profits don't begin to roll till after startup costs have been covered and actual sales are made (and receivables actually are received).

It wouldn't surprise me if these guys are at the Fly Fishing Show or another PA show. If they are, I suggest chatting with them about this project.

Regardless of how you feel about crowd funding, what they are producing looks pretty cool - especially for those of us who fly fish in PA and/or appreciate the history of the sport.

Soooo.. anyone here anything about this?

Back