Little Schuylkill

fishmagic

fishmagic

I have never fished the Little Schuylkill and was thinking of heading there with some friends over the holidays. Has anyone fished it lately, or this late in the season?

I fished it once this Fall, maybe a month ago. Caught maybe half a dozen stockers, mix of Bows and Browns, but no wild fish. They looked, and acted, like they were freshly stocked. Thinking it maybe got a Fall dumping of some leftovers.

Edit: Forgot I got one stockie Brookie too. It was a stockie slam that day actually!

I have fished it as well in the Fall but I was primarily targeting Smallmouth Bass in the lower end of it (near Port Clinton). I've never fished it this late into the year. I do remember catching a few remaining stocker bows in the Fall while fishing for bass. Often wanted to fish it higher up in the watershed, just never took the opportunity to do it yet.

You may very well have been catching fresh stockies in the DH Area, as TU was planning to stock it with purchased fish in the fall.

More generally, however, from Reynolds upstream to the confluence of Neifert Ck you can always find wild trout.

Mike wrote:
You may very well have been catching fresh stockies in the DH Area, as TU was planning to stock it with purchased fish in the fall.

More generally, however, from Reynolds upstream to the confluence of Neifert Ck you can always find wild trout.
SCTU put in a couple hundred rainbows in late October.

I fished it yesterday for 3 hours: Noon to 3PM after doing my last minute shopping at Cabelas.

Caught 4 nymphing:#16 PT and #14 princes nymph.All stockies.
Unbelievable weather for December 22!!!

AFISHN wrote:
I fished it yesterday for 3 hours: Noon to 3PM after doing my last minute shopping at Cabelas.

Caught 4 nymphing:#16 PT and #14 princes nymph.All stockies.
Unbelievable weather for December 22!!!
Tom if you get any time between Christmas and New Years to fish the Little Skuke, let me know. My schedule is pretty flexible over holidays.

Back