Little Sandy Creek Posting?

greenghost

greenghost

Does anybody know anything about the road to the Pumphouse being posted? I was very surprised to see it since that is a primary access area for many anglers as well as hikers to the special regulations area ... a lot of work done by Oil Creek TU was in that section. I was hoping it might be temporary. But fear it may not be.

• Sad
Reactions: CRB
It's not. Unless you want to obey those signs. They've been there since the pandemic started. The original paper ones weathered away. They were replaced in early spring or something. I park my car and walk my dog around there. As well as fish when I can sneak in a short evening session.

Thanks, Syl. When you say "It's not." I assume you mean it is not officially posted and that you can still legally fish there? Do you have any idea who put the signs up?

It's not. Unless you want to obey those signs. They've been there since the pandemic started. The original paper ones weathered away. They were replaced in early spring or something. I park my car and walk my dog around there. As well as fish when I can sneak in a short evening session.
I mentioned this LSC issue with someone from Oil Creek TU today. They echoed what Syl has posted. If you are still worried about it, just parked elsewhere and walk up along creek. From the Rt. 62 pull-off its not a far walk and there is more better water (IMO) closer to 62 anyway.

Thanks, Syl. When you say "It's not." I assume you mean it is not officially posted and that you can still legally fish there? Do you have any idea who put the signs up?
The water at the bottom of those roads with the posted signs was stocked, last year, when the pandemic was a real worry and now, when it isn't so much. Even institutions carried-on normally.

Back