little neshaminy smallmouth??

kenbo5733

kenbo5733

Im trying to fish more local streams this year anybody ever fish the little neshaminy, im hoping there are some smallmouth around. I know the neshaminy has smallmouth but i want to try something more under the radar any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you explore this creek and don't see any bass...don't write it off. Many small streams have SMBs only on a seasonal basis.

Most 'trout streams' that see temps in the 70s during summer will have some bass. The lower reaches are often better for bass. These fish migrate up and down these creeks. They usually show up in June and are usually gone by late October. I recommend you do your small stream bass scouting in mid to late summer. This year, with the crazy conditions, the fish may show up late. However, they should certainly be around by July.

The lower two miles are the best. The population continues farther upstream than that, however. You may find that the next two miles upstream are good as well. The population is worthwhile fishing over.

Back