little lehigh

daman1277

daman1277

I am going to fish the little lehigh Saturday if anyone wants to join probably be at the fly shop parking lot around 10 am

Right now it's at 555 and going up. The Perkiomen is at 816 and still rising. Perkiomen is a smaller drainage, guess which stream will drop fastest?
It illustrates the difference between limestone streams and freestones streams pretty well. The Perky will rise fast and drop fast, the LL will rise slowly and drop slowly. The LL drainage above the gauge is 80 sq mi, the Perky above the gauge is 38 sq miles.

I was by the West Branch today and it looked ok north of rt 100.

Did you catch anything?

I did not fish I just drive by the stream.

The LL is flowing at 362 - I'd be chuckin' streamers close to the banks.

Be careful if you get the urge to wade the stream...

Where r u getting these #'s

daman1277 wrote:
Where r u getting these #'s

Click on this. It's dropping pretty quickly - looks like it might be decent by tomorrow.

I use this as well for stream guages and sometimes reports

http://www.orvis.com/Pennsylvania-Fly-Fishing-Reports

HA, if you think it's agood idea maybe you could talk to new owner of fly shop (forget his name) about posting here as well as his facebook page. I know I used to look at Rod's reports a lot.

Buffalo

buffalo wrote:
HA, if you think it's agood idea maybe you could talk to new owner of fly shop (forget his name) about posting here as well as his facebook page. I know I used to look at Rod's reports a lot.

Buffalo

Been there, done that.

Dave doesn't even have a phone in the shop, other than his cell phone. He's putting his efforts into tying flies, and building and maintaining his inventory.

All in due time...

Back