Little Lehigh Stocking

Rainier42

Rainier42

Anyone know the 2022 stocking schedule for the Heritage section on the Little Lehigh will be. I see on the PA website the socking for other sections, but am not seeing the schedule of the section below the fish hatchery and above the covered bridge.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that section wasn't stocked. Hell, it gets enough extra fish from every time too much rain hits the hatchery.

Section 8 (former Heritage Stretch) of the Little Lehigh was officially put on the Class A list in 2017, but even before that they stopped stocking it.

All those stockers folks catch, or used to catch are from the Queen City Hatchery stocking in section 7 and stocking in Section 9.

There also was a big problem with escapees from the Queen City Hatchery during flooding events, but I believe that issue has been resolved.

If you are looking for stocked fish in a fly stretch, the section you want is the CRFFO section upstream between Emmaus and Dorneyville for lack of a better description.

Section 5, (Wild Cherry Lane to Mill Race Road)

Mike, did the Queen City Hatchery ever dramatically improve the problem with escapees?

If you are looking for stocked fish in a fly stretch, the section you want is the CRFFO section upstream between Emmaus and Dorneyville for lack of a better description.

How's that stretch been fishing? It's been a few years since I fished it but I remember the last time I went I only plucked one stocked bow on an egg after 4 hours while I watched massive karp just meander around in the bigger pool at the lower part of it.

Also, going back a few years...but does anyone remember fishing that stretch after Sandy's waters receeded? There were so many trout in that stretch of stream you could walk across their backs. I remember catching a stocky on every cast for hours on end. The nursery got decimated.

They installed nets over the runs in the hatchery. Now instead of trout getting washed into the stream they get stuck in the nets. The nets do prevent some poaching from Blue Herons.

How's that stretch been fishing? It's been a few years since I fished it but I remember the last time I went I only plucked one stocked bow on an egg after 4 hours while I watched massive karp just meander around in the bigger pool at the lower part of it.
Also, going back a few years...but does anyone remember fishing that stretch after Sandy's waters receeded? There were so many trout in that stretch of stream you could walk across their backs. I remember catching a stocky on every cast for hours on end. The nursery got decimated.
Which stretch are you referring to; Section 8 (Heritage Trout) - Fish Hatchery Rd to Bogart's Bridge) or Section 5 (FFO) - (Wild Cherry Lane to Mill Race Road)?

Which stretch are you referring to; Section 8 (Heritage Trout) - Fish Hatchery Rd to Bogart's Bridge) or Section 5 (FFO) - (Wild Cherry Lane to Mill Race Road)?
When referencing how the fishing was, I was talking about the wild cherry lane section. When talking about the stockies being released after sandy, that was in heritage. lol

Back