Little Lehigh conditions/temps

smyleitskyle

smyleitskyle

I am working at the "Lehigh Valley Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza" this weekend and am thinking about driving over to the C&R section of the Little Lehigh on Monday morning once I'm all packed up. My buddy and I are new to fly fishing and after catching a few natives on a camping trip last weekend I have the itch really bad and would love to get in some practice and also hook some bigger fish.

If anyone has been there recently could you tell me if it would it be worth checking out this time of year or is the stream too warm?

Welcome to our online community - glad to have yuh.

For up to date info on conditions on Little Lehigh (LL) or other well known destinations, it's good to check our Stream Reports forum and Fly Fishing Locations forum.

You will see that there is fresh info on LL in both of those forums.

Little Lehigh is low and clear as of this morning. Trout are on Tricos about 9:00 to 10:30 am.

Low clear water tough fishing, not many risers.

Thanks guys. Next time I'll post under stream conditions, I'm a newbie.

Gin clear water # 24 tricos will be hatching early, most days right now they have dropped on the water by 9:00 am. Duns will be coming off from dawn until the flies drop back to the water. They may also be some # 20 Little Blue Quills hatching early. There may also be some small caddis, # 18 tan. Small midges. Use a # 20 Al's Rat.

Back