Little Lehigh Berks County

M

MrV

Has anyone ever fished the LL in Berks county? i see that on May 2 the PA Fish Commission stocked it. I live very close but never fished there (I hate the opening day stuff). I was hoping to get out early on Saturday to try that section with my fly rod and was wondering if I am wasting my time or if there would still be any fish left.

Well since you live so close to the stream I think it would best to just get out and give it a try. What do you have to lose? If it is stocked, I am sure there are still some fish.

IT's stocked and has wild trout too, I've always wanted to go up that way and fish it, but I always though the access to be dicey. Keep in mind I don't know that to be a fact. Since it is stocked, that's probably not the case. Go for it.

thanks guys I agree I am going to give it a try. I also noticed that the "swabia creek" (never knew it existed) located near by as well. It was stocked 4/13. I am going to try that as well.

Like the LL access looks tough, but that is what waders are for.

Just an FYI, I have an Uncle who works at Cabela's in Hamburg and rumor is that they stocked all their Palominos in the Little Lehigh not long ago but won't say what part.

So Cabela's stocks fish in addition to the PA Game Commission? I did not realize that.

MrV wrote:
So Cabela's stocks fish in addition to the PA Game Commission? I did not realize that.

yup. bass and walleye too.

i am sure i read that one Cabelas store was raising walleye to restock streams that have degraded.

Upper part of that LTL Lehigh stocked trout section has a nice wild brown population.

Back