Little Juniata Shuttle Service?

P

PATroutMan

I am looking to float down the Little J and fly fish at different spots. The only problem will be when I finish I will not have a car waiting for me at the end. Does anyone know of a local shuttle service that would take my kayak and I upstream? Looking to start at Tyrone. Not too sure on a end point yet

I don't have an answer for you but as someone who's passion is canoe trips and needs a lot of help making sure that my truck is waiting for me at the end of the float, this is what I normally do to make that happen.

I call a local fly shop, tackle shop, or Chamber of Commerce and ask if they know any retirees who I can hire to drive a truck for me to make sure that it is waiting for me at my destination.

Try that. I am sure that you can find some one who will help you.

I'll second that, although I never used it. When I was a student, I drove auction cars for dealerships a few times. The other drivers were just as described here, retirees. I do have a retired friend who I get to shuttle me sometimes when I float French Creek or the Allegheny. Also, asking a barber about drivers could be good. My cousin is a barber and he has tons of connections of different kinds. He knows people who do this. I'd bet any local guy would know as well.

syl

http://www.rothrockoutfitters.com/shuttles-livery-service

Never used them. Have no connection to them.

Back