Little Juniata annual river clean up April 4th 2009

Acristickid

Acristickid

The annual April river bank clean-up, to be held Saturday, April 4th.

I did not attend the Little Juniata River Assocation's recent meeting. Anyone out there have more details??

Last year about 75 people or so showed up at the church at the confluence of Spruce Creek and the Little J on a Sat. morning. I just buddied up with one of the "crew" leader volunteers. Each crew leader had a group of 5-8 people and would break up and head to an assigned section of the river to clean up trash.

Think it was 8am to noon last year. Volunteers made a great lunch. I am not talking a cold ham sandwich either- some nice hot dishes. Anyway- I did'nt know anyone and I felt good to help out. Before I knew it I was out fishing the rest of the afternoon with a full belly. - if you know of my stature then you know that's alot of food!

Hopefully I will know more folks this year out there. Nothing makes friends easier than some hard work to bring people together. All you need to bring is yourself and maybe some waders. Gloves and trash bags are provided.

Paul

Attachments

• Little J cleanup 08.jpg
    Little J cleanup 08.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
Founds some pictures you could actually see... I apoligize in advance for my inadequacy.

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rubber duckie.jpg
    rubber duckie.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 5
  • Jcleanup.jpg
    Jcleanup.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 4
I also saw some giant piles of garbage in select locations. They did a great job.
I didn't know it was going on,,, but around the same time I went down to the stretch of Bald Eagle/Little J right at the paper mill in Tyrone and took 3 bags of garbage off the bank. I got tired of seeing it whenever I went around the corner there into town. Donned my waders and slipped down in there and got everything picked up. I turned to drag my 3 bags back to the other side and saw what I'm guessing was 20-30 more bags worth on the bank on the other side!! Yikes! Eventually I'll get.
Just thought Id share that.
goin fishin,,,,

Back