Little J Temps?

D

Dubtheflyfisher

Was thinking about heading out to the Little J tomorrow morning and be on the water by 6am. Curious if the water temps out there are still good?

Dubtheflyfisher wrote:
Was thinking about heading out to the Little J tomorrow morning and be on the water by 6am. Curious if the water temps out there are still good?

Here is today's stream report from TCO:

TCO Stream Report - Little J

Take your thermometer and check it to be sure, but I would guess the temps and certainly the flow are both good right now.

Good luck. Post a report.

Water temps were OK over the weekend, but weather has been warming up a bit. Fishing was mediocre.

Flows are above average but I wouldn't consider them ideal for fishing.

http://www.tribdem.com/news/body-of-altoona-man-pulled-from-juniata-river/article_b528528a-8234-11e7-b0c8-3fd5a0b8035d.html

cool nights, full aquifer and spring flows. you will find no thermal issues in the morning. Heat creeping into the area early next week though.

Ended up not going out today. I'm gunna go tomorrow morning, saw some rain moving in overnight tonight so I'll maybe use that to my advantage

hope to be on the middle river myself, but keeping an eye on the gauges to determine if the LJ or LBE is the winner

Just took a temp of 72 degrees at the Vietnam section. Just off the bank in some riffly water, I don't have waders to wade to middle cuz I'm on my way to work.

really? What time. A warm location in upper river peaked at 71-72 yesterday, upstream of the major springs. The section you describe is downstream of the springs and typically the coolest part of the river. If there was heavy run off, I can see the water approaching 70. Not questioning your report, but may be this is a misreading

nymphingmaniac wrote:
really? What time. A warm location in upper river peaked at 71-72 yesterday, upstream of the major springs. The section you describe is downstream of the springs and typically the coolest part of the river. If there was heavy run off, I can see the water approaching 70. Not questioning your report, but may be this is a misreading

It was around 830 am.

Went out saturday morning after the rains at the same spot at 630am and got a temp of 68 degrees at veitnam.

Take it or leave it, thats what my thermometer tells me, I dont think any thermometer is 100% accurate. Im just giving my readings, do with them what you want. An even better idea if you dont like my readings is to actually take the temperature yourself. Alot of people here internet chatter or talk to local shop owners who dont even take the temperature most times but just make guesses.

IMG_2541.jpg
[/url][/img]

Back