Little J fingerlings....whats the deal?

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
We were at the LIttle J yesterday 9/26, Always like to get there before the fingerlings do. In Barree, there were none. Lots of smaller wild fish. But above Spruce creek at the USGS station there were schools of them. DId it happen yesterday and we just crossed paths or did they do away with stocking down at Barree?

anybody know whats goin' on?

Maurice

ps...pretty good slate drake hatch, they are lookin up!

You was a day late. The stocking truck meet everyone at the Spruce Creek at 1 on the 25th and went up stream from there.

Sage

I figured they just stocked them. I fished at the USGS Station yesterday and they were all still bunched up by the big rock there, looked like hundreds of them. Luckly they didn't spread out yet because I didn't have problem with them hitting my fly in the other parts of the stream.

They can be a pain in the butt!

I was fishing in the area this past weekend, and talked to the guys at the Spruce Creek Fly Co. 14,000 fingerlings from the PFBC hatchery were stocked Monday in the Littel J. They should spread out in the next week or so.

Thanks guys, thats what I thought...Good to know they didn't stock them down around Barree.

Maurice

Very interesting stuff, you say you were there on 10/26, a month from now, and someone else says they stocked it yesterday. What is happneing in this time warped world?:) :-D

Stone_Fly wrote:
Very interesting stuff, you say you were there on 10/26, a month from now, and someone else says they stocked it yesterday. What is happneing in this time warped world?:) :-D

Ha, Good catch...but my moderator privlidges extend beyond the message board and into the time continuim. Why I just yesterday fished the green drake hatch of 2007 at Penns. Let me just say it was as crowded ad ever.

:lol:

Back