Little J Clean-up Postponed

John96

John96

...due to weather forecast.

I am just trying to spread the word; I don't want people headed out for nothing.

Thanks.

Scheduling it on the MY Day was a little short-sighted anyway. Maybe it'll be rescheduled for next Saturday.

It occurs to me that the PAF&BC scheduled the mentored youth day on the Little J clean up day which has been going on far longer than the little fritter freeloader day.

Maurice wrote:
It occurs to me that the PAF&BC scheduled the mentored youth day on the Little J clean up day which has been going on far longer than the little fritter freeloader day.

Bada Bing Bada BOOM! A+ I thought the same thing.

I like the improved weather forecast and having it on the stocked trout opening day is not a bad thing. Hopefully the visibility will help promote the effort. I will be there this Saturday.

Maurice wrote:

"It occurs to me that the PAF&BC scheduled the mentored youth day on the Little J clean up day which has been going on far longer than the little fritter freeloader day."

FiveWeight repied:

"Bada Bing Bada BOOM! A+ I thought the same thing."

FrankTroutAngler's response:

Yeah, I gotta admit the MY day kinda crept up suddenly this year on the Saturday before Opening Day, just like it did last year.

It's this Saturday. Got postponed due to bad weather. I'll be there!!

Ps- don't be the one idiot fishing when there are six people cleaning up around you.

Ps- don't be the one idiot fishing when there are six people cleaning up around you.

So if an out-of-towner planned to make the trip and fish this weekend, they're an idiot for not spending their day cleaning?

I'm glad I'm headed elsewhere...

a better way to put it.
The clean up is this saturday. This is an unusual year in that the water levels are low, providing the opportunity to reach areas normally inaccessible during the yearly clean ups. There will be more people wading to collect trash on far banks and on islands. Please be patient. Many of the volunteers are fisherman and are not deliberately wanting to disrupt your fishing. Please do not expect people hauling tires and heavy bags of trash to wade up/downstream to avoid you. Better yet, help them transport it across the river so they can get out of your way and allow you to return to fishing. Wading will be done mostly upstream of Spruce creek.
Downstream of Spruce creek groups of kayakers and boaters will be floating through the Gorge cleaning this section. Please yield to them. The low water will restrict where they can float through.
thank you

one more thing. if you are fishing in the next few days, but cant make it saturday, you can help in the effort by moving trash from far banks to the road side banks (high enough as not to blow in the river). No heroics, no piece of trash is worth a swim in cold water. Safety first.

Today is the day. Should be fun in the sun. :)

Back