Little J Access Question

Houli

Houli

I know Spruce is all private but are there posted spots along little J as well? I recall seeing signs above spruce confluence last year so wanted to double check.

Thanks in advance.

Houli

There are posted areas along the river but as long as you stay in the water you are good. The river was deemed navigable.

You need to enter the water on public or non posted land.

Spruce is not all private. There is a section (George Harvey section) owned by Penn State that you can fish and is definitely worth fishing.

The J can be fished the whole length below the high water mark, access is a different story.

The section above spruce creek that you saw posted - just happened rather recently.
And a section just below spruce creek has been private club water for quite awhile now.
Other than that, the rest of the river is pretty much open to public fishing - no matter how you access it

Thanks for info! Is access to J at the church public? How far up from the confluence is the George Harvey section?

Thanks again - plan to fish sunrise tomorrow morning ... will the rains have much impact on these areas?

The PA Fish & Boat Commission has a great online map:

PA County Guide Map

It's shows a map of the entire state, with a menu on the left. Just zoom in on the area and click on the type of water or regs you are looking to find.

The map can be shifted to satellite view and you can also click for details on regs and get the exact GPS location for the stream or river.

You can park and fish at the church. Though, Don't park there when church services are happening.

The rain broight the water up a little, but water should be in great shape tomorrow.....not ideal by any means but pretty damn good for this time of year. Water might be stained a ltitle still, small streamers can work pretty well there when that's the case.

Thanks for the help folks. Caught a couple browns in the George Harvey section then headed up the mountains to chase brookies. Good times had indeed.
9TQlQ1t.jpg

ns514Ik.jpg

Anknymk.jpg

oZ6b1Zp.jpg

Iq8U0IX.jpg

kz9mq9r.jpg

hIFKVtc.jpg

Gl0JJUH.jpg

K0aqu6H.jpg

I see you are from virginia, where you fishing saturday morning?

I live on Goose Creek (near Potomac confluence). I'm usually smallie fishing in the summer out of convenience. If you're ever this way hit me up.

Houli wrote:
I live on Goose Creek (near Potomac confluence). I'm usually smallie fishing in the summer out of convenience. If you're ever this way hit me up.

I was curious because I seen a virginia license plate on the j saturday morning

Sorry for the confusion - i only fished Monday (white Toyota 4Runner).

Back