Lititz run regs?

icyguides

icyguides

My fiancé has to be in lititz next weekend for work so I figured I would fish lititz run while she works. I haven't fished there in a few years now and thought I remembered the regulation being fly fishing only. I just checked the regulations and didn't see it listed as special regs or even atw. What's the regulation there now? Can I fish it during the closed season?

Yes. You can fish it year 'round. The water is not managed by the PFBC. The stretch around Clay Road (in the area of the WWTP) is stocked by the Lititz Sportsmans Association for opening day and a few times after that. I believe the last regs were barbless hooks, C & R for the stretch below 772 through the Conservancy waters and the "open" water. LR is not stocked by the PFBC.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. I haven't had much luck the past few times I've fished it.

The plan changed and i didn't end up making it out to lititz run.

I did get to fish the susquehanna for a little though (as long as i could tolerate standing along the shore), so i thought i'd give a short report.

The weather was awful saturday, high wind and snow squalls for most of the day. The river was relatively high and on the rise. The near shore water was filthy from wave action. i fished a black jiggy fly under an indicator to replicate the "float n' fly" technique spin fishermen use in cold water. I threw it into the eddies and let it work. I ended up getting a nice channel catfish, but that was it. Water temp was 47 a little upstream from wrightsville (this area is affected by the warm water discharge).

Back