Lite Brite

jayL

jayL

I have a few clumps of this stuff bagged loose. I have blue, red, and emerald. I have used it to tie a few tightly dubbed egg patterns, and have seen some streamer patterns out there. I also used it for thoraxes on some stoneflies for trib fishing.

Does anyone use the stuff? What do you like to use it for?

Jay, I have some pink lite brite that I haven't gotten around to using just yet but I have tied with white.

Think prince nymph or your preferred variation of the prince. I don't add the biots behind the bead, I prefer hackle.

Weight: Lead Free Wrap
Hook: Mustad 3906B or your preferred standard nymph hook
Tail: Brown Goose Biots
Abdomen: Lite Brite White
Rib: Silver
Thorax: 2-3 wraps of peacock hurl or peacock ice dub
Collar: 2-3 wraps of hackle
Bead: Silver

I sometimes use it when tying egg patterns for steelies. I loosely dub a small amount above the egg and tease it out and around the egg leaving long fibers to form a halo around the egg. It works!

Jay,
I use the white and the olive in a dubbing loop to make a streamer brushes for the body of some shiner patterns. I use open (non-touching) wraps to give the body a slight translucency.
White marabou throat and a sparse wing of white, purple then brown DNA Holo-Fusion makes a nice emerald shiner tied on 8-12 3x long hooks. (preferably a nickel plated hook)

Back