Linn Run

echuck66

echuck66

Can anyone provide insight into Linn Run and whether it's still holding trout at this time of year? How's the water levels and temperature?

How about any other small streams in the Laurel Highlands?

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie, I haven't been to any of those waters recently, but Linn Run stays pretty cool particularly as you go deeper into the forest headwaters. It holds native trout and holds over a decent population of the ones that are stocked down in the park.

Thanks Jack. I might have to give it a try soon then.

Charlie

If stocked trout are satisfactory, start downstream and stay an hour or so, varying your approach and technique. If the fishing is weak, move upstream a mile or more and sample the stream the same way, and so on. If you have patience, you will find good fishing.

I suspect, barring extreme low-water, that the stocked portion and even downstream areas will still hold trout. At some point, you may need to park and walk.

Sorry I don't have any real-time advice.

PS: this thread is particularly suited for the Fly Fishing Locations forum. I'd like to move it there. I think it gets as much traffic as the General Forum, but maybe not so many replies, simply because of the subject matter. At the same time, it categorizes your inquiry and makes searching and sorting more helpful.

I fished it 9 days ago, plenty of stockers near the lot at Adams Falls. Found some small natives up stream.

with about an inch and a half of rain in that area last night, I don't think it will be too low!

I know nothing about Linn Run, but when I plan to go fishing, my "bible" is the USGS site. I check it to determine when, where and if I go fishing. Bookmark the site for future reference.

Linn Run

I have not fished it this year because of back problems but there are still trout there. I will say that upstream is going to be better this time of year.

Beautiful area. It's my favorite state park. I love it for the scenery and memories moreso than the fishing.

Probably not too many folks fishing there this late in the season. Should be pretty good with the recent rains.

Loyalhanna obviously close but maybe too warm?? Not sure.

Laurel Hill Creek realtively close stays a little cooler.

Back