Linn Run spots to fish?

G

Greenhorn

Hello, I have yet to see another spot to fish except for this little pool that is nearby the rock slide that you have to go past a fence. Apparently, the headwaters have wild brook trout, but is there some specific location that they occur?

You can fish any part of the creek that follows the road. Lots of fish and some natives. There are several parking places. Its all got fish. explore.

Keep exploring. People are helpful on this site, but the advice doesn't get much more specific than what Tom gave you.

Keep exploring. People are helpful on this site, but the advice doesn't get much more specific than what Tom gave you.

+1. I’ve never fished it, but Linn Run isn’t a terribly big/long stream. It likely has some Brookies throughout its length. Explore more. Find the good habitat, that’s where the fish will be. Almost the whole watershed is in Linn Run State Park or Forbes State Forest, so access won’t be an issue in those stretches. If it doesn’t fish well, and/or you’ve explored most of it and you’re not turning up fish, cut bait and try exploring a different stream.

You’re unlikely to get terribly specific answers on where to fish on small streams. Exploring and figuring out your own good spots is the name of the game.

You’ve made several posts since joining similar to this one about small streams and where to fish them with little response from other members. Just didn’t want you to think the lack of responses was anything out of the norm. It’s just the culture of small stream anglers to generally not talk about streams and where they fish, especially on a public message board. Check out the stream reports section for instance. You generally only see reports posted on larger, popular, well known waters. Most guys who post about a good day fishing on a small stream don’t name the stream, or post any revealing photos that would give away its identity. All normal. Keep exploring, you’ll find fish.

Last edited:
When I tried that, there were no fish except for in that pool.

You've received good advice from the others.

I typically fish Linn Run in the winter, 7-8 months after it was stocked and catch a few holdovers and wild brook trout:

You've received good advice from the others.

I typically fish Linn Run in the winter, 7-8 months after it was stocked and catch a few holdovers and wild brook trout:

Nice Brookie. Was this below or above Adam's Falls?

Start at the bottom and fish upstream until you run out of water. That's how you learn a stream.

(You don't have to do it all in one day of course.)

After you've explored the whole stream, in future trips you might favor certain sections.

Start at the bottom and fish upstream until you run out of water. That's how you learn a stream.

(You don't have to do it all in one day of course.)

After you've explored the whole stream, in future trips you might favor certain sections.
This is some of the best advice. When I lived in PA, I just picked a handful of streams and did this. Some where close to my house (30-45 minutes max), and a few were up near my cabin, so that whenever I'd get up there, I'd systematically fish different sections of the stream to make sure I was getting familiar w/ the whole thing. One stream near where I lived, I literally fished until there was no more water.

Back