Linn Run - Ligonier

W

Wallyfish

I went for a short ride to Linn Run today. I was shocked to see how the stream has changed because of recent flooding. I fished Linn Run several times this spring and it looked liked its normal self.

I was shocked to see how much this small mountain stream has changed. Rocks and gravel are in places they weren't a couple months ago.

Has anyone been out fishing there for the native brook trout lately?
I am hopeful the heavy rains haven't damaged the brook trout fishery.

Yes, I’ve mentioned it in a few posts in the two weeks since the flood.

It was the most water many people had ever seen in the creek. The mountain seemed to catch many inches of water in that particular stream, while streams just 2 miles away were relatively unimpacted.

There have been a couple guys that said they did okay fishing it since the flood. There is a section of road in Forbes state forest not far above the Linn Run State State park office where maybe 75 yards of the road is washed out. The road is closed and blocked with Jersey barriers. Only about a quarter to a half mile of the road is actually closed. If you want to fish the upper parts you’ll have to drive up 30 and take the gravel roads for aways. It’s a good 15-20 mile detour.

If you can stomach the 10 second ad- there is a shot of the road in the video down in Rector. The road in Rector is a good 75-100 yards away from the stream.

Road shot at about 45 seconds in.

Back