Like button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baron

Baron

Why is there no Like Button on the forums. I'm pretty talkative and am sometimes embarrassed by how many times my name appears on the forum lists. Many times I open my mouth and make brilliant statements when it would have been wiser of me to just click "like". Its important for me to affirm to others that I read their string and found it helpful. When it is something that I enjoyed but that I haven't any questions about or don't want to ad an opinion it would be nice to have a "Like Button".

+1
?

Wow Brother! You're very short spoken. You need a "Like Button" even more, :)

My guess based on the look/feel is that this forum engine pre-dates the Like button. That is also probably a contributing factor as to why adding photos is a bit labor intensive. I'm lazy with pictures and if I can't drag and drop or directly upload from my phone I'm not going to bother.

With that said the forum may not have the user base, demand or financials to justify the expense of migrating to another forum engine.

If we were to get a like button here, the first thing I would do is lobby for a dislike button as well so that I could register my dislike of the like button.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that..

If anyone wants a "like" button, then they should just stay on Facebook.

Uh Oh. I'm up against the Resistance and I'd rather have you as allies. I'm staying with all the old people, lol. Forget Facebook!

I think "like" and "dislike" are too vague. If it's important enough for you to respond to, why not just explain your position on the matter?

GeneBeam wrote:
If anyone wants a "like" button, then they should just stay on Facebook.

Or just about any other internet forum? This is the only forum that I casually frequent that doesn't have that functionality. So it's not just a social media thing.

This is a pretty clean site with well spoken members. I have learned allot in the last few months. Only a year ago I laughed at the idea of FF. Once I tried it I was hooked. Fished my whole life off and on but I learned more in the last 3-4 months than in all those years. like button isnt needed after all.

We need to stimulate communication in a almost "All Thumbs" world.

A forum without likes/dislikes is better for honest discussion, imo.

LetortAngler wrote:
A forum without likes/dislikes is better for honest discussion, imo.

I agree. Caring about getting "likes" discourages posts with thinking outside the box.

You want some likes, go to Facebook. You want frank and honest discussions, come here.

Everything about the functionality of this forum is outdated, like, watch, notifications etc all aid in building community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back