leonard bamboo rod

R

rmoreck

I have had this 3pc 9ft tournament rod for over 20 years (never used) I believe it is circa 1920 It is in excellent original condition , 3 pc with two tips with the sock and aluminum case. I am interested in a possible trade for 4 or 5 weight pack rod of equal value and or plus $. Not interested in any chinese junk I would estimate this rod would retail around 800-1000 dollars I would like to see it in someones collection or used instead of the back of my closet . PM me if you are serious and have something interesting.

When you say "pack rod" do you mean a cane rod or plastic of some sort? And how short does the rod you want have to be?

How did you arrive at your estimated retail price of $800-$1,000?

I did some research on leonard bamboo tournament class rods in unmolested condition they are averaging these prices on the retail level therefor I consider this to be a fair value, my opinion

Where did you research the estimated value?

internet, try vintage fly tackle for one , lots more

vintage fly tackle

I did, do try to keep abreast of vintage cane prices. Can you post links to some vintage fly rod sites with this particular rod for sale?

Try vintageflytackle.com , classicflyrodforum.com

Hi,
is this rod still in your possession?

I have some nice, shorter bamboo rods I have interest in trading for your Leonard.

Joe

AnglersCane wrote:
Hi,
is this rod still in your possession?

I have some nice, shorter bamboo rods I have interest in trading for your Leonard.

Joe

Please PM me on what you may be interested in trading.

Back