Lehigh Valley Tying & Fishing Mini Jam - March 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for making the Tying/Fishing Mini-Jam a success. It was good to meet some guys I'd never met before, and put faces to names here.

minjam.jpg
The guys at the shop were very pleased with our group, and one even came down to fish with us when the shop closed. (Thanks Matt!) At the end of the day, we had the good fortune to run into our local WCO, Lee Creyer. Lee has a solid reputation in these parts, and it was nice to see him and be able to spend a few minutes with him. He's as excited as we are about our new Executive Director, John Arway. The future of the PFBC is looking bright, indeed!

Special thanks to Old Lefty (Dave Rothrock) and afishinado for their instruction today - they did a great job, as always.

It was a relief to find that we didn't cause a rift in the Time-Space Continuum by putting afishinado (Tom C) and Afishn (Tom C) in the same room. Tim Murphy would have been all kinds of confused!

We also set a new precedent for a PAFF gathering - perfect weather! Let's hope it's a trend that continues. It was a beautiful day, and I personally had a great time. Judging from the turnout today, the PAFF Jamboree in May is gonna be HUGE! We could have used name tags today - whoever suggested that in the Jam thread had a great idea.

Special Thanks to Heritage-Angler for putting this Mini-Jam together!

wbranch
I typically use 12' - 15' leaders for all my dry fly work. I prefer leaders with butts at least .021" and go as high as .023". If I'm looking to use a 12' leader I'll take a new 9' tapered to either 4X or 5X and put on a piece of Rio flourocarbon 3' long in either 5X or 6X. Same process for when I want to go with a 15' leader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back