Lehigh or Delaware?

S

sapper6

Anybody having success on the Lehigh or Delaware lately? I usually fish in the Walnutport area but the flows have been at least twice the average, often much more, all month long. Since I only wade that is a big issue for me.

I also used to frequent the Delaware just south of Easton and used to have great luck this time of year but I see that the water is still high there. Anybody finding any smallmouth there?

sapper6

Sapper,

Same story for me. The D, Skuke, and the Susky have been running high all summer. Really too high to wade for the most part. The spin guys, mostly fishing from boats, have been doing okay, but wading and FF has been pretty much out of the question.

No rain predicted for the next week or so. Maybe the rivers may begin drop to a decent level. The fall is a great time to fish for SMs, I hoping to get a trip or two in before the weather turns really cold.

Both are fishing especially well right now, if you can float. Get yourself a watercraft and get out there!

Same here. Jeez, even soem of my trout streams were almost to fastr to wade.Hoping the forecast is right and we get what looks to be a longish dry spell. I can't believe I haven't been on the D more than just the once.
Coughlin

Went down about a mile south of Easton this morning, caught a nice one on my first cast at 0615, followed by 24 more over the next three hours. Nice. Water was high and I couldn't get far off the shore, but it was fun.

Went to the Lehigh at Walnutport on Saturday morning, got on the water about 0630. We were wet wading and it wasn't too bad until the wind picked up at about 0715 and it started to get chilly. I missed three smallmouth and my friend didn't get any. I slipped and fell in about 0830 and then he fell in trying to retrieve my rod. It was like Laurel and Hardy out there. We called it a day and went for coffee.+

My brother & I fished the Lehigh around Bowmanstown on Friday. We did most of our fishing from his drift boat but I did wade in one area to practice using my switch rod. Water level didn't seem like it was too high to wade in most areas. It was a beautiful day to fish and also found a few trout.

Curious what you were using. Going to try and fish the lehigh from canoe this weekend, and it is my first time to that water. Thinking dry/dropper, trico, caddis, etc. Any other suggestions?

I had some luck fishing buggers. I wasn't sure if we would find trout or smallmouth so I figured that buggers was a good choice for either fish. Good luck.

Back