Last Minute Camping

beadhead

beadhead

I was planning on doing some fishing around Penns and Fishing Creek this weekend. I'm sure most everything is full. Any advise on a place to pitch a tent.

Call Rudy at Hemlock Acres in Coburn...he may have a spot. He has lots of primative "pitch a tent " areas on the grounds. Sorry I don't have the contact info handy right now.

Here's the website: http://www.hemlockacrescampground.com/

Reservations are made. Thanks for the Info.

Are you not allowed to set up a tent next to a stream in PA?

You can camp on PA state forest lands, but there are rules involved. You need a permit, unless you backpack in.

All in all, Hemlock Acres is a good choice though. Rudy's got some nice sites, showers, firewood, ice... And Paul G's up there this week, so you got the wise man on the mountaintop to go to for advice. :p

So I was planning on backpacking into this wilderness stream thats on state game lands in the near future. I would assume by your post that this would be totally legal? I would probably have a small fire, but I would do my cooking from my stove.

Dude, Pad said state FOREST lands. I know up Stony creek in Dauphin at the state GAME lands you may have a small fire to cook only and you may NOT camp overnight. I believe theres a difference in regs between the two.

Back