Large and Smallmouth Bass Fun Conodoguinet 5/4/14

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Some large and small mouthed bass fun. Fallfish and small trout encountered also

Attachments

• P5040804_R.jpg
    P5040804_R.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 10
  • P5040801_R.jpg
    P5040801_R.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P5040796_R.jpg
    P5040796_R.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P5040798_R.jpg
    P5040798_R.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
Those are some good lookin bass you got there sir.

As close as i live to the Conodoguinet I really should be fishing it more often.

Latgemouth? I wouldn't have guessed they were in there. Full of surprises. Musket in next post I'll assume.

Krayfish,

A Musket !?!
I believe Walleye are next...Musket Season will be in the Summer from kayak hunting for carp, snapper and muskie. It is tough to keep your powder dry in the Spring.

You got 3-4 kinds of catfish, 2 types of muskie, Rockies, Koi, All-kinds of Sunnies, Walleye, Large & Small. Golden, Brook, Rainbow, Tiger, Blue, Brown and even mystery trout!

Nice Brian! No fish is safe -

Finally fished the Conodoguinet last night before the storm. We had some nice action, son caught a big fall fish on a foam hopper and a nice small mouth on a bead head bugger.

I wasnt so lucky but i had more excitement. Was experimenting with a new gamechanger variation. the first event was a pretty good sized bass, he hit the tail of the streamer, but immediately turned to grab it again, at which point i missed the hook set. I blame this on the fly though since i was concerned about the hook gap when i tied it. will be trying a few different combos of hooks and eyes to improve it.

shortly after that episode there was a huge splashing ruckus on the far edge, something got eaten by something bigger. Started working my way that direction. I was casting to a promising spot about 20 yds downstream of where the splashing had been. Just started to retrieve when my 4" long, bright white fly disappeared, line went tight, strip set, dim flash under water, fly reappears. DAMN NARROW HOOK GAP!!!!

There were a number of muskies on the feed before the front arrived. The other fish tend to turn off when those bad boys are on the prowl.

Back