Lanyards...

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

So I dumped the vest and went to a pack this year. So far I think it is a good move. I think I am gonna add a lanyard to the system. Need to access tippet, nippers, floatent etc. a little easier. Looking for suggestions on a good one. Preferably one that I can add or take away from, ex. if I am not fishing dries at the time I dont need flotant or an amadou hanging on my neck. If bugs start to come off and I need to re rig I can clip on the flotant etc.

any suggestions?

Morningstar lanyards are awesome. In lieu of one of those, I'd consider making my own.

Home Depot carries the plastic coated wire (green), and craft stores have beads. You can add snap swivels to it in whatever configuration floats your boat.

If you build your own, consider some sort of breakaway/adjustment clasp. I just use heat shrink tubing, but there's no easy adjustment. Foam grips like they use for pencils make good neck padding.

The biggest advantage to having a wire cord is that it keeps it's shape, and doesn't make a tangled mess when stored. YMMV...

Our beloved friend Gfen did a very good tut post on one he made for like $3.00 via craft store items and clips from hobbies of his youth.

Rest in internet peace Gfen ol' buddy if you read this.

Damn it he's doing well with his New Years Resolution beat me out.

I started using a lanyard this year and i love it! I made my own it really didn't take much to do.

IMHO this guy makes the best:

http://www.goertzenae.com/html/fly_fishing_.html

I'm in no way affiliated.

I've been thinking about a lanyard from Nature Boy Lanyards. It is a lanyard just from wader strap to wader strap. Really neat and does all I need it to do.

http://natureboydesigns.com/550lanyard

I like the looks of the Natureboydesigns one as well. I contacted them about making me a second piece for their wader lanyard so i can use it as a "necklace" lanyard if the wader lanyard doesn't work out. If I can manage some free time I might just go buy some paracord and other components and have a go at it myself. Same deal as the one TRobinson posted about...Maybe he will offer to make me one...

I'll wear my vest most of the time but I got grommets, leather , snaps and beads so I'll be making one of those goetzern lanyards for trico season.

Back