Landing Trout in No Wade Water

Camp

Camp

The easy answer here is that you flop them on the bank and toss them back if catch and release.

That doesn't seem to be the best way to handle the trout.

If in Fisherman's Paradise do you step into the water just enough to net the fish and handle it wet? Seems logical and best practice to me.

I am heading there for the first time and just wondered about the conflict of no wading and keeping the trout wet and healthy for release.

In most places you'll have no trouble kneeling next to the water and handling/releasing fish. On the other hand, nothing bad is going to happen to you if you get a foot wet while trying to land a fish.

I would think a wet shoe would be preferred over pulling the fish on the bank. The prohibition on wading does seem to make handling fish a bit trickier.

It's just as PennKev described. No worries.

And the no wading stretch is short.

It ends about a long stone's throw above the upper parking lot.

If you prefer to fish where wading is allowed, just walk upstream.

Or fish anywhere else on Spring Creek.

a net would help

If the water is deeper close to shore then I can see no need to get wet feet. I also would hate to have to drag a larger fish across shallow water to bring to the net.

Just trying to think ahead with optimistic thoughts.

Trust me the fishing at Fisherman's Paradise is not that great. There are many other spots on Spring Creek where the fishing is better AND you can wade. I would skip it myself unless you just want to be able to say you fished "The Paradise".

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

I want to catch at least one in the Paradise section for the history.

I don't need to catch a score to have fun, just a few means a terrific day.

Maybe I am thinking of another water, but I thought they removed the "no wading" restriction a while ago. Seemed to ring a bell when I read this. Or maybe not.

No wading restrictions have been removed in most areas but are still in place on a small section of FFP. Nod to history, I guess. Little Lehigh had no wading restrictons a few years ago.

Back