land of little rivers

krayfish2

krayfish2

Anyone have it, read it? I've seen a few pics and a small section of the book online. Looks to contain some impressive photography.

Thank you for that link. That did provide more of a taste. Based on the history, sketches and photography, that's something I'll have to pick up for some winter reading. I think it'll be a real loo kback at the history of fly fishing in America.

love reading and seeing photographs like that.

This is a coffee table book about the history of trout fishing in the Catskills. The photos (by Enrico Ferorelli) are stunning and worth the price of the book, especially since I saw the book recently at Ollies for $9.99.

What!?!? Retail is $100 for hard cover and well above that for signed / numbered editions in leather cover. I thought I did great to find a copy for $35.

Tips, you find it enjoyable, informative?

Krips: I purchased it directly from the author at the NJ Flyfishing Show when it first came out. I believe I received a show-special discount and paid $75.00. Now I see it at Ollie's for 10 bucks. Oh well.

It's a coffee table book, so I'll pick it up every now and then when I get a chance to sit on the couch, which is a rare occassion. But I do enjoy reading it and, as I said earlier, its greatest strength is its photographs.

I have been recently re-reading all of the Leonard Wright books in my bookcase, which has me in a Catskills sort of mind. Yesterday I pulled out The Complete FlyFisherman - Notes and Letters of Theodore Gordon, edited by John McDonald. Before I am done with this strain of interest, I am sure that I will have re-read everything within reach concerning the Catskills.

If you can find a copy of "In the Catskills," a collection of essays by John Burroughs, I recommend you get it. It's theme is not particularly trout fishing, but natural history and rural life, and very enjoyable nonetheless.

Back