Lancaster

KeithS

KeithS

All you guys all right out there? That tornado looks like it did some damage.

Okay here. Gotta hear from them southern county boys.

Thankfully, I did not hear of any serious injuries. The actual tornado was about 8-10 miles east of where I live. It was determined by the NWS to be a very strong tornado for February. Lots of damage to houses and barns on farms. Several total building collapses with animals killed or trapped. Very busy night for the local volunteer fire services dealing with the severe weather event. I was driving a tanker for our local fire department assisting on a working dwelling fire due to a lightning strike from the same storm system that was approximately 5 miles away from the tornado's path. The damage from the tornado was along a 5-6 mile path.

we drove through there yesterday on the way to the Wolf Sanctuary - miles from anywhere in the middle of a field we saw an upside down full size trampoline.

that must of been some gust of wind.

geebee wrote:
we drove through there yesterday on the way to the Wolf Sanctuary - miles from anywhere in the middle of a field we saw an upside down full size trampoline.

Not so sure. Overturned trampolines in fields are a common sight around here

I live outside of Etown near the Masonic Village. No serious damage here, but I saw a couple of trees down or uprooted. Sticks and small branches everywhere in the yard. I was cleaning off our driveway with a backpack blower and my neighbor was out shoveling his, lol.

geebee wrote:

The NWS classified it as an F2 tornado with winds estimated in the 125 MPH range.

Back