Lancaster

kelso2340

kelso2340

I'll be in Lancaster for a few hours tomorrow while my other half is attending a bridal shower. Have done some research and narrowed it down to a few streams. I see they stocked the west branch of the octoraro. However, I have read the reviews many people have posted of this stream on the forum and it seems to be rather disappointing. I was planning on pounding around the pusseyville road area (hehe.) Any suggestions whether or not I should go there? I would like to keep it close to Lancaster.

Fished there last Friday and caught quite a few stockers throughout the FFO section. Nice section of stream. Starts off rather wide at the Puseyville parking lot, but narrows nicely as you work your way up. I had it to myself throughout the rainy, misty morning but ran into a few people on the way back to the car. Pink San Juan Worms were pretty popular (I know...low class...but it brought quite a few to hand).

Good luck!

Sorry let me change that. I will be in the Ephrata area. It looks like that's about an hour drive to octoraro. I would prefer something closer. Any suggestions?

You can be at the DHALO area of the Tulpehocken in about 20 minutes from the Ephrata area.

Back