Lancaster Area small creeks

D

Dabandfly96

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone fished these before?

Kelly’s Run
Climbers run
Trout run

I have been reading that they hold nice little brookies and some brownies. I did a little research on parking locations and some nice pools near the trails. I was wondering if anyone has been there and would let me know if it’s worth the 45 minute drive. Or if anyone has tips as to how to approach and what flies to use!

Thanks and tight lines

DabandFly

Kelly’s = brown trout, fairly low density in a scenic stream that suffers from low summer flows.
Climbers = a portion contains brown trout w/ possibly an occasional brook trout from Trout Rn. Population fizzles rapidly in the low gradient portion downstream. A portion of Climbers may be posted, as that’s the reason it was removed from the stocking program about a decade ago.
Can't help you w/ the fishing as I have never fished them.

Last edited:
Kelly’s = brown trout, fairly low density in a scenic stream that suffers from low summer flows.
Climbers = a portion contains brown trout w/ possibly an occasional brook trout from Trout Rn. Population fizzles rapidly in the low gradient portion downstream. The better portion of Climbers may be posted.
Thanks Mike! Looks like I’m making a stop at kelly! Any info on Trout run? Is it mostly public?

Climbers = a portion contains brown trout w/ possibly an occasional brook trout from Trout Rn. Population fizzles rapidly in the low gradient portion downstream. A portion of Climbers may be posted, as that’s the reason it was removed from the stocking program about a decade ago.
Can't help you w/ the fishing as I have never fished them.
PM sent on Trout Rn and its unnamed trib. Also on one other better brown trout population in the area.

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone fished these before?

Kelly’s Run
Climbers run
Trout run

I have been reading that they hold nice little brookies and some brownies. I did a little research on parking locations and some nice pools near the trails. I was wondering if anyone has been there and would let me know if it’s worth the 45 minute drive. Or if anyone has tips as to how to approach and what flies to use!

Thanks and tight lines

DabandFly

Has anyone ever fished them? Yes lots of people. For small streams they are pressured pretty hard during the spring/summer months. There are fish there but I think Kelly’s and trout run/climbers are more worth the 45 min drive for the hiking opportunities.

That being said I live in Lancaster county and never visit these streams anymore. I drive at least an hour every time I wet a line now so who am I to judge.

Kellys is a stunning stream with not many fish.

I wouldn't drive 45 minutes to fish it though, but if you are looking for beauty then maybe. Just go early as it gets people (hikers).

I'm not sure where you are coming from. It's likely your 45 minute drive is better spent going another direction.

Ive fished Trout run 3 times in total. Everytime it was during a storm/rain and the fishing was ok. The listing has the upper part as a Class A, but the water is so skinny and choked that im not even sure if it is fishable. Its a nice little venture if you just want to get out, but i personally wouldnt call it a good choice for a long distance trip.

Back