Lamson LP 1.5 and 2 reel

hunter1

hunter1

Was reading an old review on these reels, I have both, never had problems with them and still use them. Review said they were prone for drag breakage on the adjustable drag. Anyone else use these fly reels. I love mine and do regular maintenance and cleaning on theme. What say ye. :)

I have both reels you do plus an LP 3. The LP 3 drag has been used hard over the years with no problems. These reels are heavy, not fancy looking, not large arbor but they are tanks that take abuse. Good, solid reels with a nice drag system. I have no plans to ever part with them.

Thanks fritz, I love the reels, I even like the older look of the reels.I use one on a 4 wt and the other for a 5 wt. Can't please everyone . They work so great, I can't even get an excuse to get a new reel.

I have a couple Lamson LP's from back in the day; I bought them in the 80's. They were the first decent FFing reels I purchased. I used the 1.5 for trout so much the spool against the reel body wore down and had play in it, so I fitted a washer in to fill the gap. Those reels performed well for me and were used a lot for many years. They are designated as back-up reels, but I have no doubt if I used them they would still hold up to any fish.

I like that , Fixed the reel and gave it a second life. I have other reels, but these perform so good I still use them as front line reels for trout.

I bought an LP-1 when fishing Big Spring’s ditch area was really hot (pre-hatchery closure). I broke off more than 50% of 20”+ fish due to poor drag on my old eel. Fishing the LP-1 is an epic experience. Only downside I found was poor drag performance when reel got wet.

Mine is miss8ng the emblem on the back side. Sure would like to find one someday.

I wore out my LP2 5+/- years ago. It was a reel I purchased sometime in the 90"s. Sent it in to Archuleta Reel Works since he had bought the remaining reel parts from Lamson. The reel now operates like it did when it was new.

Back