Lake Luxembourg

M

mikemus725

I just started fishing for trout with my fly rod and did great on the stockies in the streams. I know that Lake Luxembourg in Bucks county is going to be stocked on Friday. First of all, how do you fish for trout on a lake with a fly rod, what type of fly do you use, can you fish from shore, is it better to fish from a boat? Advice needed!

Since they are freshly stocked I would strip a small white marabou streamer or deer hair bug.Reminds them of home.Not the most glamorous of methods but stockers aren't conditioned to natural,at first.

I live about a mile from a fall stocked lake and I love it when they stock in the fall. First because its so close I can literally go fish for a half hour and catch some...

They put those NC trout in our lake and they hit dries from day one. Then the first thing they do is go airborne. Drives the old guys chucking powerbait nuts.

I have a fly that works really well and I just watch and cast to the rises like any other place. Caddis and Adams and any other basic dries should work.

Having a nice high dam breast makes it nice for casting too. Often they are rising about 10 ft further than I can cast but I manage a couple. When it gets slow I either tie on a bugger and fish like I'm at the beach or I tie a bead head about 5 ft under and indicator and wait while drifts and cover a lot of water.

Its great casting practice too.

Back