Lake bound and loving it

mrwisker

mrwisker

Tonight I got out with my 3yr old to Lake Nockamixon. What a great time. I set the biy up with his zebco spiderman rod and reel, and I with my Flea market acquired LLBean 8'6" 6wt rod and bargain cave prestige reel (40.00 well spent)
Just had to test out the setup.
I was catching those bluegills left and right.
If nothing else I was trying to refine technic for casting and spotting when they hit. I also am refining how to retrieve and strip the line back too.
The boy was casting a huge plastic fish all over the place, left, right, in the water, out of the water...the back of my head...
at least by the end of the night he was doing ok casting in the water. (what did I expect for him being 3?)
Next time out, it's either wade out a bit or launch the kayak.
I am really looking forward to fishing from the kayak.
Maybe I can hook into a bass or 2

The kayak is going to change your life as an angler--seriously.

Reading this has a big smile on my face......Great to read the stories of parents out fishing with the kids. I've got a great mental image of the flying fish bouncing off the back of your head!

Back out tonight...Set up to wet some line, and almost as soon as we start, the rain shows up :)
He did great tonight, not a single fish slapping. He actually was casting out into the water and reeling back in. Reeling in is a bit of a challenge, but still doing great.

I really am looking forward to getting a kayak for fishing. It will open up a multitude of oppritunuties and areas that were unreachable before. (gonna have to get a baitcasting setup now too...maybe) I have a wilderness sealution kayak now, it is not the most optimal craft for fishing. It is very long, tippy and not very menuverable.

Back