Lackawanna River cleanup

wetnet

wetnet

A few are doing a cleanup project on the Lackawanna River. We are meeting at A&G outfitters at 9:00AM and cleaning up the area behind the Giant market in Dickson City.

Good luck with everything up there. if I wasn't already running an event for our club down here I would have made it.

Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010

Leo

This Saturday Sept 11th. We're meeting at 9:00AM at A&G Outfitters, I'm grabbing hoagies for everyone for lunch and maybe we'll get a chance to fish a bit, when we're done.

I wish I could make it. I grew up in Clarks Summit and used to kayak that river a lot. Never fished it though. I hope you get a great turn out.

Once again, great job, wetnet. Don't be discouraged if your turnout is low. I think this is the first cleanup actually originating from PAFF. Even if a small handlful show up and you get half a dumster, you will have accomplished much more than could be accomplished just by picking up trash seen while fishing the creek. You will improve landowner and community relationships and you will make the river more beautiful and healthy for all citizens and visitors to enjoy.

Getting the word out to potential volunteers is crucial. There is no way I can make it, but I wish you all the best and thank you in advance for your efforts.

Back