Kudos to Albright Fly Fishing

G

gentleshepherd

I ordered a pair of Albright Waders and Boots yesterday for 99.98.
It was 2 cents short of receiving a free Fly Rod from them.

I e-mailed the company and Michael Kahn CEO replied back and said that they woud indeed send me the rod since it was so close.
If their products are as good as their service I will be a client for many years!

It's nice to see a company take care of it's clients as Michael did for me.

Awesome. I am looking at doing the same thing right now.

which set of waders did you get? how nice are they? any more info would be great.

Also I was also looking for the rod offer and didnt see it any where. Where did you find that??

Thanks

I ordered the trinity waders with the bridgestone shoes.

The rod offer was on the website, spend $100 and get a free rod.

Here is the link: http://www.albrightflyfish.com/ The special is on the yellowstone rod. If you spend $150 you get a reel too. This offer ends today though.

There is already an new free rod/reel offer ending 11/30. Not as good but it could be the start of a trend.

I have dealt with them recently with a broken rod. Not there fault but I was told to either buy a replacement one at $65 or wait till spring for a new tip at $29. The rod I bought without putting much thought into it cost only $59. Not that big of a deal because I have many other rods to use but they cannot come close to Orvis customer service. Any time I dealt with Orvis they were A+ with customer service. To me they are worth the higher prices because of the way they take care of the customer after the sale.

albright has closed its doors 3 times in the past, and then restarted with other backers. I would be wary of them. I have never had a problem with Orvis, Hodgeman, Sage, T&T. Redington was another scary one until sage bought the co. Loomis I don't care for either. They wouldn't back a few rods I had with a defect.

I believe the current owners of Albright used to own Reddington.

I don't have any mileage with Albright but have been hearing good things about them as of late. Sandfly's experiences with them are interesting since he's dealing with them as an owner or a fly shop. I agree, any of the higher price brands are going to be more likely to give you a replacement or at least fix it when possible through rod repair.

However, with that being said, I think Albright's market segment is different than the Sages, Orvis, T&T, Scott, & Winston's of the world. The appeal seems to me to be more of those looking for quality affordable gear that doesn't break the bank. No clue what their warranties are like, but if you spend $50-$100 on a rod I'd have to expect that a replacement isn't going to be free.

I agree that if you buy an inexpensive rod you get what you paid for and that a free replacement is out of the question. But to say you can either buy a replacement rod or wait till spring get a new tip for the broken rod is a bit long. I have many other rods to choose from but what if I didn't? They are saying you have to wait 6 months to fish or buy a new rod. Like I said it is no big deal and the rod is just sitting in garage till spring I guess. All I'm saying is that you get good deals at Orvis and if you are starting out I would look at a place that offers great customer service over saving a few bucks. It was an impulse buy that I should have thought about longer.

all orvis and the other top brands are doing is selling you the warranty upfront in hoping that the guys who buy the helios 900 dollar rods aren't going to be pounding brush with them , but in fact that helios rod cost orvis probably less than 100 to build but instead of selling it at a say 40% mark up , they sell it at a 900 % mark up and when u call they send u another rod , how many people break 9 rods ? not very many , they are way ahead of the game , companys like albright are catching on because of the current economy , as a side note , zem is there any rod builders locally or someone on here that can repair it for you ?

Got my boots and waders today. They fit really well. I was concerned about sizing up around the waste. The fit better than any of my other waders that I have. Now if they can keep the water out, that would be even better. I hope to get out soon but am having problems with a frozen shoulder. Doc says no fishing until I can move it again. The free rod is actually quite nice, but since I am going to devote more time to Tenkara style fishing, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Getting a salt rod from albright -
http://www.albrightflyfish.com/fly-rods/gp-fly-rods/gp-90892.html
GP 90892 9" Line 8/9

Id like to get an albright reel but the reels are 7/8 or 9/10. But no 8/9? Not sure what to do?

thanks

Just get the 9/10 you could use the extra backing capacity for 30# Dacron .

Has anyone tried the XX series? I am looking for a very fast 7wt! I have a TFO TiCrX in 9wt and really like the super fast action of it for casting big flies, long casts and windy conditions. Wondering if the XX may be similar.

Thanks

Back