Korkers Wading Boots

S

shotgun64

Went to Cabela`s and the guy there was trying to sell me a pair of Korkers Wading Boots. They look good and I like the Interchangeable Sole System. Right now I am using a light weight hiking boot for my wader boots and they work great but the same sole. Any thought on Korkers wading boots.

Thank You.

Jay

which model of Korkers?

The metalhead is best boot i've seen

the chrome is not

Shotgun, not sure if you know this because I didn't until someone PM'd me about it. There is an Advanced Search feature at the bottom of the forums page. Click on it and it takes you to a criteria page. Very useful tool. Saves you time waiting for responses if it is a subject the board has data on. Feel free to PM me if you need advice on using it.

Ramcatt: They are Korkers Redside Wading Boots.

I was disappointed by them. The felt came off the plastic insert. I will say they are light and ok for wet wading.

I have a pair of Korkers Chrome wading boots and don't like them at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea (the interchangeable soles) but poorly engineered IMO.

I've got the studded "Kling-On" soles on mine. After only one season, basically half the studs have fallen out and my bottoms are beginning to separate from my uppers. For over a hundred and fifty bucks I expect a better made product.

My next pair will likely be Simms.

That being said, my fishing partner has a pair of Korkers Redsides that he absolutely loves so your mileage may vary.

-Darryl

send them in for warranty repair...

I have to ask why the chromes are not as good as the metalheads? I've been debating on these two for the last month or so.

the chromes have a design flaw of a plaztic tube as a liner in the eyelet
when tightening down the BOA laces, the cord will grab the plastic and when you go to loosen the boots... the plastic comes out

with the plastic out... you cannpt properly tighten the boot
if you cut/remove the plastic liners, the now empty eyeley will fray/get cut

the metalheads don't have this issue since there is a different eyelet design

Very good to know. thanks for the heads up. i will definitely give this a close inspection when i go looking.

That is a shame to hear that the newer versions are not so good. I have an older model pair that I bought about 4 or 5 years ago and love them. Honestly I was kind of taken in by the interchangeable sole but I hardly ever use it.

The new metalheads are awesome
Best booth I've had (and I've worn a lot)

It's just the chomes with the lace issue

I have the metalheads and I honestly can't say one bad thing about them. You can dial in a custom fit for all day comfort with the boa lace system, which is nice. I've had mine for a full season now with little to no signs of wear. Had to get used to the studded kling-on after years of felt. I give the Korkers an A+..

Back