Korkers Soles

gulfgreyhound

I just got a new pair of Korkers and wondered which of the studded soles would be a good choice for Erie Tribs? GG

Studded rubber.
Only because those creeks aren't that slippery and studded felt isn't very good for walking down muddy banks and trails or snow and ice.

Thanks for the replies. I see that there are 2 studded rubber soles, would the "cleated ones be the best choice or just the regular studded sloes? Thanks. GG

Art I have the soles with the smaller studs, but haven't tried them yet.

They have a sole called "icetrac" . That would be good choice because of the deep tread design which is good for mud and snow.
Or the studded kling on sole. That's the one I have.
The one with the aluminum bars would be OK for the Salmon River but not really needed in Erie.

The nonstudded Klingon should be fine. The larger cleated one (not the studded Klingon) will be a fine double use item as ice skates on that shale.

Studded felt is great unless there is snow, then studded rubber.

Which boot did you get? KGB?

I got the Whitehorse ones. The fit is great and the boa system will be good for getting them on and off. I guess he felt soles should do in Penn Creek.
I checked those Klingon soles and they look like they would work in Erie and NY with the mud and shale rock. GG

Back