Korkers Boots

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

The gizmo on the heel where the sole fastens came off. Can I glue it back on or is it a return Korkers for repair item? GG

If you are talking about the plastic hook on the rear of the shoe, gluing it will last about one fishing trip. It is molded into the heel counter of the shoe and most likely broke off and I doubt it is even repairable.

I'd call Korkers and see what option are available.

I'd have to agree with Mr. Bamboozle whether the failed part is the button fixture on the back of the shoe or the elastic strap from the rear of the sole (it was not completely clear to me..). It's an OEM fix/replace, more likely replace.

Over 7-8 years, 3-4 pairs of Korkers and a couple bazillion hours of service time, I've had one strap fail from tear-though of the slot that holds the button. Not bad for the only part of the system that does not rely on gravity.

I've found Korkers customer service to be pretty good. Depending on the age of the boot, I'll bet they do right by you..

How old are your Korkers? Most Korkers have a 2 year warranty.

Pat 2 years, but little use. That "button"" looks like it was just glued on.
GG

I had the same issue a number of years ago and korkers sent me a new pair. I took the broken one and glued in a set of soles that lasted a very long time, but that was just a backup pair.

Back