Kids waders

SNJChef

SNJChef

Need some suggestions where to pick up youth waders. My 5 yr old daughter needs a pair, i cant imagine dripping alot of $$ on them when she is growing like a weed.

Great, question! I was thinking the same thing today when I had my son out. Orvis has youth waders, but kids grow too fast for that investment...

I can't imagine putting a 5 year old in a situation where cheap rubber mud boots wouldn't be sufficient.

Proline hip waders with felts can be had for under 40 bucks I think.

mainliquid1.jpg

j/k, yeah I'd just get some cheap mud boots.

I have a pair of neoprene that may fit her if you want to cross the Comm Barry . But the sporting gentleman out fitted my son with a nice pair of Redington waders and boots

I had had great success with this company. Quality made stuff. These are the best I have found and are cheaper than the big name makers.

https://oakiwear.com/hunting-fishing/

I spend a lot of time outdoors with my kids and I try to get them the best quality gear within reason. Good waders, gloves and coats can make or break a day. I've seen more than one kid spend a miserable day bc of crappy gear when my kids are dry and all smiles.

I would second the recomendation for oakiwear. We got all three of my boys waders from them and they are really nice and they were not overly expensive. They make excellent gear for kids, my wife has bought a ton of stuff for her daycare from them and the kids stay dry and warm for hours in it.

Ive had great luck with these with three boys:

www.cabelas.com/products/HERTERS-YOUTH-UNINSULATED-FELT-SOLE-WADERS/

I bought my son hippers from Walmart that served him well for what he did at the time. If you go to the hardware store and buy some hex head machine screws you can put "studs" on the soles. Another option might be to buy the more expensive waders a few sizes larger and bulk up her foot with heavy socks.

Please don't forget to make sure she wears some type of PFD in case she slips into deeper water.

I was just looking for waders online for my 6 year old and all I could find were $200 Simms waders. Thanks for posting this, I've ordered the Oakiwear.

Back