Keystone Select, McMichael Creek

Out4Trout

Out4Trout

Anyone looking to get out in this nice weather today might consider McMichael Creek here in the Poconos. I helped stock the Keystone Select area yesterday and they put in quite a few brutes.

If thats your thing then get out there and try your hand at a lunker.

Tight Lines !!

Did they float stock the Keystone area? Planning to fish either McMichael's or Pohopoco on Friday.

Got your PM WRT the tying kit. Good to hear!

Water level was great and water was clear. Excellent fishing levels and you can wade most of the stretch I was at. They had to stock the 1st section by just emptying the nets from the truck into one hole right in the park at the start of the Keystone Section but since the water there is shallow the fish vanished quite quickly and should be spread out in that immediate area. They float stocked further downstream and took them in by pickup down at the barn area.

I thought the Po was closed until the season opener now that they stock it. Quite sure its closed by the dam, is there an area open right now on the Po?

Po in Brodheadsville is Class A and open year round. Majority is privately owned but not difficult to gain permission.

Did you go? How was the fishing? I hope to fish this Keystone Select stream this spring. Since I have never fished it, can you please advise as to a good CFS I should watch for on the gage? My goal this year is to fish the eastern half of the state. Thanks in advance.

Po in Brodheadsville is Class A and open year round. Majority is privately owned but not difficult to gain permission.

unfortunately they changed that now. Any stream that is class A and also Stocked is now closed until opening day. I made that mistake while fishing Kish last year. Totally in error of course.

Update from my earlier comment-

from the PA regulations Summary:

"Streams designated as both Class A Wild Trout Streams
and Stocked Trout Waters Stream sections that are designated as both Stocked Trout Waters and Class A Wild Trout Streams located within the Regional Opening Day of Trout Season area are closed to fishing from March 1 to 8 a.m. on the Regional Opening Day of Trout Season.

Stream sections that are designated as both Stocked Trout Waters and Class A Wild Trout Streams located within
the Regular Opening Day of Trout Season area are closed to fishing from March 1 to 8 a.m. on the Regular Opening Day of Trout Season. Stream Sections Governed by These Regulations
- Closed to fishing from March 1 until 8 a.m. on Opening Day of Trout Season. Extended Season:
September 3, 2019 through February 29, 2020–No Harvest–Catch and Immediate Release Only."

So last year the entire streams sections were closed as they normally are in STW's. Now they provide a listing for specific Class A section closures. So I guess they are open downstream of these limits? Born and raised here but PA laws are confusing as Hell!

Pohopoco Creek Carbon 04 2.90 Outlet of Beltzville Lake downstream tocable across creek at Hideaway Hunting &
Fishing Club

PO in brodheadsville - Monroe county and above Beltzville lake. Class A.

PO tailwater - carbon county. Below Beltzville lake. Stocked.

Sorry about that Miller and sorry about the thread hijack.

I think that this would suffice for rules and stream closures:

Stocked Waters: Closed from Mar1 to opening day

Unstocked: Open to fishing year round

Special Regulations: see summary book for specific stream regs

Anything is just not needed.

Po below dam: Closed
Po above Beltzville: Open

Back