Kettle Creek

larkmark

larkmark

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how the levels are on Kettle?
Has there been much happening with hatches?
I usually venture up there this time every year but with the quarantine I have missed it this year.

It was blown out over the weekend but falling. Supposed to rain next couple of days. Farther up you go the faster they recover. Reports were that the smaller wild type streams were somewhat fishable on Sunday. The group where I read this doesn't worry much about bugs. Sounded like there was a salted minnow hatch though.

Gauge at Cross Fork is a little over 500 on a relatively slow fall. You might be able to fish it in a few select, easy to get to spots, but for practical purposes that’s too high still. You won’t be able to move around much or cross it. You want it below 400. 200-250ish probably being ideal. It needs a few more days still.

At 500 the real small tribs are probably dialed in. The bigger ones (Cross Fork for example) are higher than desired, but probably fishable.

mostly all streams up here are either blown out, to cold, or to high. Fishing shut down from rain and cold temps. some streams are below 44 degrees and the brookies shut down. maybe next week. been out everyday up here

Let's hope things improve soon. I always enjoyed the good hatches on Kettle and tribs. Thanks for the update.

Glad I went. Ha ha. Wind, snow and hatches of Blue quills. Caught a bunch all on top. Water levels were perfect. Thanks guys!!!

Back