Kettle Creek - Public Meeting, 18 Nov

F

Fishidiot

The PFBC will be hosting a public meeting on 18 Nov at 6:30pm at the Wildlife Center at Sinnemahoning State Park. The purpose of this meeting is to evaluate special regulations in the upper KC watershed.

Press Release for Kettle Cr

Can someone explain to me (I must be ignorant), why this needs regulated?

"The new regulation being considered is Catch and Release All-Tackle, which is similar in nature to the former Wild Brook Trout Enhancement regulations."

If the determination (assumption?) was made that WBTE made no difference, why burden the watershed (and by extension the angling public) with Yet Another Special Regulation (YASR)?

It appears the only substantive change is to allow bait fishing also with all C&R. I would not think this would have much impact on the resource.

If anybody was able to attend this, please write up a short report. Inquiring minds are interested.

The C&R proposal for the upper Kettle Creek watershed passed. From the PFBC website:

---------------------------------------------------------
The Fish and Boat Commission (Commission) took the following actions with respect to waters subject to 58 Pa. Code Chapter 65 (relating to special fishing regulations), effective upon publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin:

58 Pa. Code § 65.15. Catch and release all-tackle.
The Commission designated the following water as catch and release all-tackle under § 65.15:

Potter/Tioga

Upper Kettle Creek Basin, from the headwaters of Kettle Creek downstream to the confluence with Long Run, including Long Run and all tributaries upstream to the headwaters.

May be OT, but does anyone know if other WBTE like Lyman will get the same protective regs?

Back