Kettle Creek Potter County

scottrum

scottrum

Heading to Ole Bull State Park next week. Have the Green Drakes started to hatch yet?

Brad from Potter would know better, but from what I saw up there this week I would say not till the first week in June. They had very high, cold water the last couple of weeks which might delay the hatch a little.

March Browns just starting.

Surprise yourself.

Take your Green Drake patterns along. If they hatch, you have the flies. If they don't hatch, no harm is done.

My guess is that they will start sometime next week.

BradFromPotter wrote:
with the heat this week you never know!

Exactly what I was thinking. We've had a lot of cool weather. Now it's hot.

So that may balance out and bring the hatches schedule back to normal.

Though it's hard to know what "normal" even means for hatch charts anymore.

MAY 31 TO ? AT LEAST 5 DAYS, MORE DEPENDING! TYING FLIES, EVERYDAY, LOT'S, PLUS 75 LEADERS A DAY, LOT'S. ALL KINDS AND STREAMERS TOO.

I WILL LIVE KETTLE CREEK DAY, LIKE MY LAST DAY. I WILL CAST SPELLS, SHAKE NEW HANDS, VISIT THE FRIENDS AND MAKE A NEW FROM YHE OLD. MAGIC WAND IN HAND, THE 29.00 POLE AND A WHOLE LOT OF MEMORY.

BENT ON SPEED, I WILL WALK, SO, NOT TO GET HURT. KEEP AN EYE OPEN FOR OPPURTUNITY, IT COMES ONLY FEW.

BEEN DOING IT FOR CLOSE TO 50. LIKE TO DO IT A COUPLE MORE. I WILL BE SET UP IN A CHAIR, A COLD ONE, A FROWN AND A LAUGH. IF I GET UP, WATCH OUT. MY STEPS ARE SLOW NOW, BUT THAT GLIMMER IN MY EYES, WATCH OUT.

BUSINESS WILL START, KETTLE CREEK FLIES I TIED, YOU CAN'T GET THEM THERE. ANYWHERE, BUT FROM ME.

NOW I NEED A BATCH OF TROUT FOR A TRUE FRIEND. I WILL TAKE ONLY THE BEST. SKINNY, THINNY, GO BACK FOR A REAL CHUNKY.

BLOOD IN EYES FROM NIGHT BEFORE, O K, MIND RIGHT, SUN BURN, TOILET PAPER AND GOOD TO GO.

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL, GO TO FLOOK'S, GET SOME MEAT AND SUPPLIES, STOP AT TEXAS RESTURANT FOR BREAKFAST, UNCLE JOE'S WILL BE CLOSED, ALREADY SET THAT UP, STRAIGHT UP TO KETTLE, SEE PHIL, SEE JEFF KINNEY, AND THEN SEE THE WORLD.

MAYBE RUN INTO CAMP HOST AT OLE BULL, FISHING OF COURSE. BEND A EAR, WORSHIP A SMILE, GET THE RUSH, PASS OUT, GET UP, KEEP THE MOVEMENT GOING.

MOVEMENT--------ALL ABOUT THE MOVES AND GROOVES-----FUN, FISHING, FANTASY, COLLECTIVES AND REFLECTIVES. HOW LUCKY IS THAT.

LIVING PA., THE MAXIMA12 WAY.

THIS TRIP, MIGHT CHANGE NAME TO : JOHNNY GIZZ.

Back