Kettle creek flows

A

Arrowflinger

Heading to kettle creek this weekend for the first time was wondering what a good flow rate and depth on the gauge at crossfork thanks

For a stream its size, Kettle doesn't get excessively muddy or dirty after a rain event. So from that standpoint it can become fishable again quickly.

Flow wise I'd say 250ish at Cross Fork is probably dialed in from a combination of fishing and wading. It's probably on the high end of fishable now at 470ish. Just would have to be careful with your wading and understand that there's some spots you probably can't get to. I fished it a few weeks ago at about the same flow as now and that's what I found...had to be careful wading and pick your spots to cross but it was doable and there were guys out, and fish were caught.

For this weekend, it'll all depend on how much rain falls Fri night into Sat. Since it's borderline too high right now even a modest rain may push it back up over the point where it's safely fishable, other than from the bank.

250 at Crossforks is near perfect conditions...you can still fish it at 600...getting much above 600 its not too fun.

Back